In 2010, Simplynew developed, produced and directed the Webby Award winning first GRAMMY Live! as a participatory online experience for the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards. It contained 72 hours of continuous live streaming video coverage on GRAMMY.com, 6 hours of streaming on Myspace (Jan. 30-31), and 6 hours of streaming on www.cbs.com (January 31).
Scarpa utilized various new technologies to ensure yet another real time media and âdual screenâ experience that complimented the CBS GRAMMY telecast with red-carpet coverage, backstage interviews, exclusive photo sessions with winners, press room question-and-answer sessions, and past GRAMMY moments working in conjunction with the telecast. With the Recording Academy, he led the effort to partner with Ooyala, Akamai, Live U, Livecast and MySpace to deliver compelling features such as social media tools, streaming video, photo sharing, live remote 3G enabled cameras and mobile phones to collect intimate first person coverage by the video bloggers. Scarpa acted as executive producer and director on the 2010 show and as executive producer in 2011 and 2012.
- Client:Â The Recording Academy
- Executive Producer: Peter Anton
- Director: Marc Scarpa
- Live participatory web broadcast and companion second screen experience
- 3.8 million unique visitors to GRAMMY.com
- +6 million views on GRAMMY YouTube page
- +3 million plays on Livestream and VOD clips
- +140,000 hours of content watched over the 72-hour broadcast
- 125,60 Facebook fans
- 48,776 Twitter followers
- 180,000 downloads of GRAMMY IPhone/IPod Touch App